Speaking to reporters in Austin, Texas Aspires outlined the following policy priorities to:
- Replace high school end-of-course exams with the Texas Success Initiative Assessment for accountability and graduation purposes;
- Create a process for locally-developed teacher quality plans that highlight strategies for recruiting, developing, and retaining effective educators;
- Facilitate statewide conditions that encourage and incentivize district-charter partnerships;
- Implement and improve the A-F campus and district rating system;
- Provide facilities funding for charter schools; and
- Increase post-secondary readiness and defend rigorous standards.
During the 85th Legislative Session, we must demonstrate a steadfast commitment to the children of Texas and the future of our state by enacting policies that truly improve our schools and bring real results into every classroom. We look forward to working in partnership with legislators from across the State of Texas to ensure every child, regardless of race, ethnicity or zip code, receives a quality education.Print